Patch Note 2021-06-07
← View all patch notes
It's been a while, hasn't it? Nice to see y'all!
- Datum Aliases!
- You can now configure per-project aliases for given data. You can change the datum the alias points at at will.
- Datum aliases are resolved during execution/task creation, which means copying executions will not change the data if the alias had been changed meanwhile.
- The change history of datum aliases is tracked.
- You can set the value
valohai.aliasin an output metadata sidecar file to have the platform configure an alias from your output data automatically.
- Find the new Aliases tab in your Project Data view.
- Datum adoption!
- You can now adopt storage URLs (S3 only for the time being – let us know if you need this for other stores) into real Valohai-tracked datums, with all the goodness that implies.
- Find the new Adopt tab in your Project Data view.
- New Execution View experience!
- The iconography for execution statuses got a little facelift courtesy of our facelift department.
- The creator and status of an execution is now in a single cell, leaving you with more space for everything actually interesting!
- When configuring a deployment endpoint, you can now set a CPU Request value too.
- The previously rather arcane "Node Selector" field was elucidated with a help text.
- You can now see the effective market price of spot instance environments in the environment management UI.
- You can now report bugs directly from the application. Look for "Report a Bug" in the user menu.
- The task execution comparison view now allows comparing more than 100 executions. Executions and their metadata is loaded in chunks, making the initial load a little faster.
- Very long event log messages now get a nifty "Read More" button!
- Wide View options are now saved for more tables.
- We found our crayons and charts now have correct legend coloring when comparing multiple executions
- The frontend was made lighter by way of optimizing icon delivery with a synergistic AI solution (or rather, by not including all of Font Awesome).
- The Datum browser auto-refreshes once more.
- The "you're not using parameters" warning is no longer shown if you use
- When creating organizations, the messages no longer speak of "usernames". Just "names".
- Very rapid logging could previously make the UI wonky. The wonkiness is now decisively reduced.
- Metadata statistics computation now works for stringly typed numbers too.
- Searching for data was made less intensive bandwidth-and-CPU-wise.
- The Hosted Notebook feature is no longer available by default. Let us know if you need the feature.